Saturday, January 21, 2006

A Childhood Dream Realized

Ang Cheap ko!

wahahahah!

Last night was the realization of my pre-adolescence dream...
I screamed with the other thousand people in Araneta. BSB! BSB! BSB!

hahahahaha

When I was in high school, I was soooooo much into pop, name it, I know it. B*Witched, Peter Andre, Code Red, Ultra, Billie.... etc. (maybe that's why I like metal now cause I got all "popped" out! ^_^) But on top of all these quasi pop artists...the Backstreet Boys were in my heart. (oh how I cringe) If I enumerate all the Ka-cornyhan that we did back then..you wouldn't believe it.

It was a fun fun fun night. It's all Howie's fault. He told us to keep the Backstreet Pride alive. hahahahahahahaha I just laugh at myself. It was so surreal. Until now I still can't believe they went here and I saw them. Oh my God.

Belated Happy Birthday AJ (jan 9)...and an advanced greeting to my first love..Nick Carter (jan 28). :D

I can't believe it. I still know their birthdays. And it's been eight years.

I felt like I was in high school again.
I still love them.
Backstreet's Back alright!

3 Comments:

Blogger BabyPink said...

asan ba ako nang high school ka? nakikinig naman ako ng music ah. bakit hindi ko kilala 'yang mga 'yan? well, i know b*witched and code red. b*wtched 'yung may music video na nakahiga sa grass or something, 'di ba? code red 'yung may music video din na asa barko or yate? i really can't remember the songs kahit anong pound ko sa aking head! hahahaha!:) pero the others that you mentioned, medyo alien sa akin. nakakahiya talaga ako!

:)

12:44 PM  
Blogger iceuck said...

that was 1996-1997 when they first became big. where were you then? :)

yung friend ko kasi mayaman nun, she bought all these magazines (smash hits, top of the pops, bop, etc.) so we were updated with all the up and coming artists. She also bought cds. PLus, internet addict na ako nung panahon na yun, take note: netscape version 4 pa yata nun. Kaya medyo marami ng nareresearch na mga kajologan. :) (oh that's me. jologs.)

iba siguro mga alam mong songs from that era (i make it sound so long ago and far away). :)

9:57 AM  
Blogger BabyPink said...

i was a college freshie then. i was into teen beat, bop. 16 and all that shit backin high school. i'd especially go to cagayan de oro (which you know is a good two hour travel from my place) to get all those effin' mags!

who did i like then ba? uhm. let's see... in high school and early college, i was into rock, alternative and even grunge. nirvana, pearl jam (my first ever favorite band), cranberries, red hot chilli peppers, mga ganu'n. tapos mga OPM banda-banda like eraserheads, alamid, rivermaya and the like. tapos mga third year college, i got into heavy metal. pantera, metallica, van halen, anthrax, slayer, etc. basically, i got into this kind of music because it was the music i heard at home because of my brothers and i fell in love with my first bassist one-true-love, bong pacete of a local heavy metal band called moomtaz. after bong, andami ko nang naging crush na bahista. latest nga itong si edwin aguilar!:)

pero na-outgrow ko din 'yun and all those times, hindi pa rin nawala ang hilig ko sa anything instrumental at mga classical music. kaya natutukso ako dati. autistic kasi ako, 'di ba?:) at ang nag-stay y ang hilig ko sa instrumental/classical. hehehe:) ewan ko, siguro sa isa sa mga past lives ko, ako ay isang musica conductor!:)

see? i was never a sucker for love songs and all those songs girls my age usually liked. well, not until you know who became my you know what! hehehe:) at doon na nasira ang lahat! joke!:)

at ang haba ng comment ko. bow!:)

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home